CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup

I really love playing around with different recipes.  Yesterday, I looked through a few Broccoli Cheese Soup recipes and compiled one of my own.
This soup was a proud moment for me.  =)

What You'll Need:
1 bag frozen broccoli florets
1 medium onion (rough chop)
4 oz. Cream Cheese
3/4 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
1 c. Chicken Broth (lower sodium)
2 Chicken  Bouillon cubes (lower sodium)
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese (give or take)
Salt & Pepper to taste 
Shredded carrots for garnish

What You'll Do:
*In a large pot cook broccoli and chopped onion in salted water, drain. (Save pot)
*Combine broccoli, onion, cream cheese, whipping cream, and 1/4 c. broth in food processor and blend until creamy.
*Pour back into pot.  Add remaining 3/4 c. broth and 2 Bouillons.  Gradually stir in your cheddar.
*Once Bouillons have dissolved and soup is heated thoroughly, serve and garnish with shredded carrots.

ENJOY!

1 comments:

Christy Jo said...

I am going to try this! I love Broccoli Cheddar Soup! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Post a Comment